I guess Bank of America got wind of the bad press they were getting on my hugely successful and practically viral (surely, I jest!) post about our short sale endeavors with them because the very next day, we got word that our previously rejected offer was now a-okay with them!
This time next month, the Hubby and I will be Clueless Farmers together! Watch for the coming change in the title of this blog…
Here’s what’s on our list of things to do in the next 30 or so days:
- Pack, move.
- Finalize business name. Register business. Design logo. Reserve website domain.
- Get liability insurance for business.
- Apply to Madison Farmer’s Market. Prepare for opening day on April 16th with promotional items, brochures, flyers, grow some sort of sample product we hope to produce (micro greens?)
- Submit seed order.
- Submit day-old chick order schedule.
- Submit organic chicken feed order.
- Submit chicken processing equipment order.
- Arrange for local contractor/pastured poultry operator to build us some chicken tractors.
- Visit local small scale vegetable farm (2-3 acres in production).
- Attend Madison County Food Hub conference.
- Attend Fence-building seminar in Madison.
And that’s all before we actually move in! Then there will be rototillers or walk-behind tractors to procure, raised beds to plant, compost piles to start, land to till, brooders to prepare, walk-in coolers to build, and and and.
A little insanity never hurt anyone, right?