Free-range, pastured, nurtured, non-GMO-fed Chicken: Our next fresh birds will be available May 24.
In the gardens, we have planted:
- cabbage–flat leaf
- potatoes–german butterball, kennebec, red norland.
- mustard spinach
- tomatoes–10 kinds, including heirloom and currant types.
- green beans
- asparagus crowns
We will continue planting from now through August, adding:
- pole beans
- sweet corn–including some heirloom varieties
- seedless and regular watermelon
- squash–zucchini, patty pan, golden bush scallop, straighneck, crookneck, acorn, spaghetti, butternut
- peppers–sweet and hot
- eggplant–oriental variety
- collards–if you haven’t tried young collards, lightly sauteed with garlic, you don’t know what you’re missing.
- old fashioned mustard-because I LOVE IT, especially raw on sandwiches.
- and of course, lots and lots of cucumbers, including Mediterranean thin-skinned kinds.
Got suggestions? Requests? Let us know! We’d like to grow something special for you!